Sep 2, 2012

Slobber Straps

I love my slobber straps, they work so nice for training younger horses, the bit does not slide through their mouth as easily and the leather helps create a nice smooth transition from pulling on the rein to the bit contact.  Here is a quick little tutorial on how to attach the slobber straps.  

The slobber straps attached


Here is the bridle with the snaffle bit attached.

As you can see here, I slipped the slobber strap over the bit and then weaved the rope through the hole.

Here you can see the other side, how the simple knot works. 

As you can see, it is very simple to attach the slobber straps and they are a very nice training tool.  I have them on my snaffle bridle that I use on all my young horses.  It is just nice to have that bridle I can grab and do not have to worry about too much.  I also have an offset D ring snaffle bit on a nicer bridle as I use that one for showing and taking gout my younger horses.

That is all for now.  Do you have a simple and inexpensive training tool you like?  I would love to hear about it in the comments!!!

That is all for now,

Amber
(Do not forget to check out my photography website too, and if you do not mind, I would love to have some more likes on facebook!)

1 comment:

  1. This is great understanding on Slobber straps. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, what you like, don't like, or just your opinion on the subject! My comments are open to anyone, so you can leave anonymous comments.
This is also a great way to ask me questions on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...